The following instructions assume you are connected to the Brown University network via wireless (Brown, Brown-Guest, or eduroam).
|11th Floor Copier||icerm-copier.devices.brown.edu||Behind the reception desk on the 11th floor|
|10th Floor Laserjet A||icerm-ljp4015a.devices.brown.edu||10th Floor Print Room|
|10th Floor Laserjet B||icerm-ljp4015b.devices.brown.edu||10th Floor Print Room|
1. Open System preferences ( Menu > System Preferences) and click on the “Printers & Scanners” tab.
2. Below the list of printers on the left, click the [+] button and select “Add a printer or scanner” to add a printer.
3. In the add printer dialog that opens, click the “IP” tab and enter the printer’s hostname for the printer you wish to add, and select Line Printer Daemon – LPD in the protocol dropdown.
4. The system should then detect the printer and automatically fill the Name and Use fields at the bottom of the add printer window. If it does not, name the printer, select “Generic PostScript Printer” in the Use dropdown, then click Add.
5. A settings options window may appear. Select “duplex printing” and save.
6. The printer should be configured and ready to use. Print a test page to verify.
If you have questions about these instructions or require further assistance, please contact the ICERM IT staff by dropping by the administrative offices or emailing email@example.com.