1. Open the Terminal and use the following commands at the command line.
module avail matlab to list all the available matlab versions.
module load matlab/R2018a to load matlab. This command should return the confirmation “module loaded”.
matlab to launch the MATLAB app.
MATLAB script packages, such as YALMIP, can be installed directly by the user on their Oscar account. These instructions assume you are using Oscar via the VNC client.
1. Open the Terminal on your VNC session.
2. Navigate to your home folder by typing
mkdir -p MATLAB
wget -O yalmip.zip https://github.com/yalmip/yalmip/archive/master.zip
6. In MATLAB, add the YALMIP-master directory to your path.
7. To save your MATLAB path, use the savepath command in the MATLAB command prompt.
YALMIP also requires a solver like SDPT3. The steps below add SDPT3 to MATLAB.
1. Open the Terminal.
wget -O sdpt3.zip https://github.com/sqlp/sdpt3/archive/master.zip
5. In MATLAB, add the sdpt3 directory to your path.
6. To update/save your MATLAB path, use the savepath command in the MATLAB command prompt.